Tuesday, October 9, 2012 8:00 AM
Posted by GG Renee | Filed under Healthy Natural Hair
I get a lot of questions on how I straighten my hair, how often, do I worry about damage, etc. I'm definitely not an all curly, all the time girl. I like to enjoy everything that my hair can do, including straight styles. I do prefer to straighten my hair myself though.
I don't like going to salons because I always leave with bone straight, won't hold anything hair. Bleh. It's just not my thing. When I straighten at home, I'm striving for the best of both worlds. Straight, full, textured hair. In July, I wrote a piece for Transitioning Movement that gives tips on how I accomplish this.
* Allow your hair to air-dry for a while first.
* Use the Tension Method to blow dry your hair. (I would add to this that I've been using this andis hair dryer with the comb attachment and it gets the job done well and quickly. I follow with a few run throughs with this flat iron with a twist by conair.)
* Don’t flatten the life out of your hair.
* Pin curl or roller set instead of wrapping.
* Keep your ends trimmed.
* Find one or two staple products for heat styling and don’t overload. (full article)
Do you straighten your hair? If not, is it because you think that you will ruin your hair?